What Is Scriblio?
Scriblio (formerly WPopac) is an award winning, free, open source CMS and OPAC with faceted searching and browsing features based on WordPress. Scriblio is a project of Plymouth State University, supported in part by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Free and open source
- Represents bibliographic collections — library catalogs and such — in an easily searchable, highly remixable web-based format
- Leverages WordPress to offer rich content management features for all a library’s content
- Don’t forget the free and open source part
What’s it look like?
Getting Started With Scriblio?
- Getting Scriblio and related files
- Installing Scriblio on your server
- Managing Scriblio at your place of work
- Using Scriblio as an end user
Sites Running Scriblio
- Lamson Library, of Plymouth State University
- Cook Memorial Library, in Tamworth New Hampshire (our public library development partner)
- Beyond Brown Paper, an archive of photos from the Brown Manufacturing Company in northern New Hampshire
- Boston University School of Theology’s History of Missiology collection
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology